Windows 10: Start without login
You can also start Windows 10 without entering your login information, i.e. without a password or PIN. How to set up the login accordingly, we show you in our guide.
Without Login WIndows 10 start: without password and without PIN
Normally, you’ll be asked for your user account password when you start Windows 10. However, if you are the only one using the computer, you can disable this security prompt to speed up the login process. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Press the key combination [Win] + [R] to open the Run dialog.
- Now type the command “netplwiz” (without quotes). After that, click “OK.” The “User Accounts” window will open.
- In the “Users” tab, uncheck “Users must enter username and password”. After clicking “OK”, another window should open.
- Now enter the password of your user account in each of the corresponding fields. Confirm your entry with “OK”.
Windows 10: Launch without login.
Windows 10: System reactivation without password
In addition, to disable the password prompt when reactivating the system (such as from power-save or standby mode), do the following:
- Open the Start menu and select Settings. Alternatively, press the key combination [Win] + [i].
- Select “Accounts” and from the menu on the left, select “Login Options.”
- Change the selection at “When should Windows request a logon again after an absence?” to “Never”.
Logging in after reactivation
Tip: Speed up system startup even further
Without a login, Windows 10 already boots noticeably faster. For even shorter boot times, you need the appropriate hardware with a powerful CPU and, above all, an SSD hard drive.
- To get the most out of your PC or notebook. You can find the fastest and most cost-effective SSDs in our always up-to-date best list. It starts already from under 50 euros.
- Who does not want to screw around himself, finds alternatively in our laptop best list numerous fast notebooks for under 500 euros.
An SSD hard drive speeds up Windows 10 startup Screenshot: CHIP
Change the background of the login screen in Windows 10 with the free Windows 10 Login Background Changer.
More questions about Microsoft Windows 10 are answered by the experts in the CHIP Forum.