Windows 10 can not be installed – this can't be the reason
If Windows 10 cannot be installed on your PC, the causes are often manifold. In this practical tip, we provide various tips so that the installation works without problems.
What you can do if Windows 10 won’t install
First check whether Windows 10 works on your PC before you start the installation.
- If your PC does not meet the requirements , you should refrain from installing it, otherwise you may experience errors and problems.
- In order to install Windows 10, you should have around 300 MB of free hard drive space .
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of Windows, you should first update all drivers to the latest.
- In some cases, bootable USB sticks may not be recognized. Install Windows 10 then over an existing system. Simply open the USB stick there and start the file “setup.exe”.
- For this process, you must be logged into Windows as an administrator, as User Account Control will become active. During this installation method, turn off your firewall as well as your antivirus program.
- In addition, disconnect all devices that are connected to the PC and are not needed during the installation of Windows 10.
- If these tips are not successful, you can try installing Windows 10 on a blank hard drive or partition. To do this, insert the DVD and boot from it. After that, the installation process should begin.
Video Tip: Hidden Windows 10 Features
In our next practice tip, we’ll tell you what to do if Windows 10 is slow.